I read Marketing Magazine, AdAge and many other marketing related blogs and sites on a daily basis. So it got me thinking, what are the top ideas floating around in my head as a result, and how can I offer this up as guidance to my clients in the work that I do? Here, in a nutshell, is what I'm focusing on right now:
- To continue to shift from “pushing” their messages out to audiences to “pulling” them in with relevant, engaging content.
- To avoid doing exhibits, publications and websites simply because "it's what we did last year"
- To focus on research and metrics/evaluation of past marketing efforts as a basis for re-aligning and improving future efforts
- To resist spending on "one-off" marketing activities and instead focus on developing a marketing plan as early as possible in the program/product life cycle and shift resources to the best tactics to reach marketing objectives
- To stay current on developments in social media, mobile marketing and web analytics in order to be able to provide informed advice to clients in these areas
- In a time of fiscal restraint, to develop relevant partnerships and collaborations with industry, media and other stakeholders to maximize unpaid distribution channels